Medical Residency Headshots ERAS VSAS
Get it done right and on time! The deadline is coming up!
Lloyd's Studio Photography specializes in headshots specifically for ERAS (Electronic Residency Application) photos. Medical residency headshots for doctors applying for a residency, away elective, fellowship or license.
- ERAS - Electronic Residency Application Service
- VSAS - Visiting Student Application Service
- Fellowship Applications
The Importance of a Professional Medical Residency HeadshotA high-quality professional headshot is vital to be accepted when applying for a medical residency program! Professional headshots are critical for today’s physicians. Show them your determination to pursue your career. So much work is invested in the start of your career that a professional headshot is something you should not pass up. Since ERAS started requesting headshots, we have photographed an increasing number of MD’s every year. Therefore the standard for Electronic Residency Application photos has risen every year. Whether it’s a prospective employer looking you up online or fellow physicians reaching out for a referral, your profile image helps build your practice. Your reputation and ultimately your digital brand will benefit. All residents should take professional headshots before they graduate. For young residents beginning their careers, the lack of a profile image actually hurts their chances of landing their dream job. Data reveals that employers are 21% more likely to view candidates with profile photos than those without. Create your online profile for your third year medical student application photos with a professional headshot to make your CV stand out.
Correct Medical Residency Headshots ERAS VSAS need:
- Expression. It's important for you to show confidence, intelligence, and approach-ability in your photo. When looking through ERAS (Electronic Residency Application) submissions, most programs are looking for someone who can fit in well with their team and looks like they know what they're doing. These first impressions are being formed about you in 1/10th of a second, so make sure your expression says what you need it to say!
- Lighting and Backdrop. Did you know on average you are 14 times more likely to be picked for an interview if you have a professional headshot? Having a photo without professional lighting and backdrop can seriously hurt your chances of landing your dream residency program. A professional headshot at its simplest level shows you care enough to invest in a professional portrait. Important: We strongly recommend that your residency portrait be taken on a light gray or white background. Why? Because it stands out more on ERAS as a thumbnail and is statistically more likely to be clicked on.
- Correct format and specifications. Making sure your photo conforms to ERAS specifications. The correct format is 2.5" x 3.5" at 150 dpi, with a maximum file size of less than 100 KB. Trying to upload anything in a different format can cause issues and might not be accepted. We format your image correctly and take care of all the specifications needed.